“I think there’s a clear relationship between skateboarding and making art, the two cultures cross over immensely. They’re both creative outlets and I know a huge number of the skaters who make art.The two fit well and also can naturally balance each other. I know they do for me! If I don’t skate for a while because of too much work, I feel that my art fucking sucks! Haha.
My friends who skate and also make things inspire me a lot.
– Lucas Beaufort’s art is incredible, his work is on another level.
– Jocelyn Tam is doing a big project round Europe where’s she’s interviewing people who skate and also create things, it sounds like it’s going crazily well and I’m super stoked for her.
– Tom Quigley who does Varial Magazine, its a sick lil mag that I really love, I’m always stoked to see his stuff.
– Sam Roberts from Brighton just put out issue 5 of his magazine Florecastit’s so, so good, not like any magazine I’ve seen before it’s just really amazing. He done good.
– Ben Gore in Brighton as well is always creating amazing amazing stuff, he’s constantly on it. He’s a photographer and also dabbles in illustrative stuff, he just made a series of hip-hop tarot cards that look rad.
There are so many more people I could go on and on but those are the first that come to mind.I always like things that revolve around the community supporting the community so The No Comply Network is right up my alley.
In January 2016. Me and my good friend Tracy Gray are exhibiting in Berlin.It’s a collaborative show between her and I, she’s a photographer, who’s currently supplying me with photos of brutalist style architecture which I will paint on for the show
We plan to make a zine from the exhibition – I’m so bloody stoked it’s gonna be FAB. So keep ‘em peeled for more info and book your plane tickets soon, yeh? Cool! Thanks!